Road Supervisor: Tom Andersen – 970-630-3979
Mining and Reclamation Foreman:
Yuma County Road and Bridge
1310 S. Blake Street
Wray, CO 80758
Winter: Mon. – Fri. 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Summer: Mon. – Thurs. 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Road and Bridge Department is responsible for the maintenance and construction of the roadways, bridges and drainage structure assets sustained through the direct and indirect efforts of Yuma County. The mission of the Yuma County Road and Bridge Department is to maintain a safe quality transportation infrastructure for the citizens who not only live and work in Yuma County, but also for those that travel through Yuma County.
The mission of the Yuma County Road and Bridge is to safely provide the best transportation system in Yuma County, utilizing the most value for every dollar spent in this department.
As team members we are part of our success and are committed to the following:
- To hold a “can-do” attitude
- To possess a strong work ethic
- To work together to identify and solve problems
- To work and live safely
- To uphold the highest moral and ethical standards
- To minimize impacts
- To not just meet our schedule but drive them, and
- To exemplify the expectations of Excellence, Integrity, Respect, and Success.
Amount of Roads Maintained: 2281.55 maintained miles of roads reported to HUT
Number of Bridges over 20′: 31
Number of equipment running:
11 Trucks and Trailers
3 Tandem Trucks
$50.00 for boring under each dirt or gravel road.
$75.00 for boring under each dirt or gravel road across an intersection
$1,000 for trenching across each dirt or gravel road.
- $500 will be refunded after six months, if there are no additional repairs needed on the road. Should additional repairs be done by the road department, the $500.00 deposit will be reduced by the cost of the repair.
- Trenching across or boring under asphalt roads may be considered under special circumstances by the Board of County Commissioners
$50.00 for ditching or digging in the right-of-way
$0.50 per rod for laying telephone lines in right-of-way. (*One Rod equals 16.5 feet)
$100.00 per rod for laying any other type of pipeline or other usage in the County rightÂ of-way parallel to the road. This may be considered for approval under special circumstances only by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Special circumstances may cause additional fees, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis and approved by the Yuma County Commissioners.
- There may be a combination of the above fees, depending on the project.
- The Yuma County Road and Bridge Department will evaluate projects when the application is received. The applicant will be notified of the required fees. The fees are to be paid prior to the approval of the permit.