Yuma, CO 80759
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour
Washington-Yuma Combined Communications Center in Yuma, CO is accepting applications for the position of Director of Communications.
The Director is responsible for oversight of all daily operations of the emergency communications center. This position is the highest point in the chain of command on all phases of personnel and operations. The position reports directly to the Communications Center Board of Directors.
Successful applicants will possess, among other attributes:
* The ability to direct, instruct, and control employees in all phases of operation
* The ability to assign and coordinate emergency dispatch activities for two counties
* Considerable knowledge of proper law enforcement, fire, and/or EMS procedures and practices
* Extensive knowledge of command responsibilities and ability to apply knowledge in the direction of the agency
* Strong technical skills and abilities sufficient for application of public safety communications software and systems
* Ability to establish, evaluate, and strictly enforce budgets and financial protocols
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, authorized to work legally in the United States, possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent, pass a written/oral exam as required, pass a mandatory background investigation, and possess a minimum of five years’ experience in the fields of public safety communications, finance, or management with a strong supervisory background.
A complete list of job duties and job description is available upon request.
Position open through January 15, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time