Wray, CO 80758
YUMA COUNTY, COLORADO
POSITION TITLE: Part-time Extension Support Staff
DEPT/DIVISION: Colorado State University Extension – Yuma County
This is a permanent part-time position of approximately 16 hours/week with more hours on a seasonal or as needed basis. May include evening or weekend hours.
Performs a variety of secretarial duties to assist with promotion and coordination of Colorado State University Extension Programs of Yuma County and Golden Plains Area Extension Counties. This position works under the supervision of the Colorado State University Extension Yuma County Coordinating Agent and Colorado State University Extension Golden Plains Area Director.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to staff in serving Extension clientele in an efficient and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Functions as the first contact with clientele entering the office. This may include directing people to agents, answering phones, routing messages, screening callers, providing routine information of a non-technical nature or referring client questions to Agents or Specialists in CSU Extension in a timely manner. Also maintains communications through the use of email and the internet.
- Operates office equipment such as computer, printer, copier, fax, postage meter, adding machine, etc.
- Assists with planning and implementing Yuma County Fair activities
- Assists with registrations for Extension programs and activities including collection of appropriate fees
- Assists with book keeping and record keeping in accordance with public standards; filing routine correspondence, materials and information
- Assists with online 4-H enrollment database
- Assists with coordinating and ordering of 4-H project manuals and record books from CSU Extension
- Assists with compilation, production and distribution of area wide newsletters
- May on occasion perform duties in other county offices
- Personally complies with civil rights and affirmative action policies
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Minimum education: High School diploma or GED equivalent. College coursework or equivalent work experience in desktop publishing, accounting or business management is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional, i.e.Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Power Point and Outlook email
- Must have a current Colorado Driver’s License
- Skill in working with people as individuals or in group settings (teamwork) to accomplish individual and/or group goals as indicated by experience is required
- Ability to communicate (orally, written and listening skills) as indicated by previous experience and application materials is desired
- Evidence of drive and initiative as demonstrated by personal experience and previous employment (must be a self-starter) is desired
- Ability to lift and/or carry burdens weighing up to 35 lbs. and to push and/or pull burdens up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate office equipment, hand tools and other similar tools and materials.
- Ability to conduct activities involving stopping, kneeling/bending, crouching, twisting, and reaching on a moderate basis.
The majority of this position’s duties are performed in an indoor or protected environment but may include exposure to outdoor elements, such as when the Extension Office is temporarily relocated to Yuma County Fairgrounds for the Yuma County Fair. The incumbent may be exposed to noise, mechanical and electrical hazards, and other related conditions associated with an office environment.
SALARY: Based on Grade and Scale of Yuma County
BENEFITS: Workman’s Compensation. May be eligible for some other benefits.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date