The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a motivated and skilled individual to serve as the Sergeant in the patrol division at their Wray, CO location.
The Sergeant is responsible for:
- the direct supervision of the tactical operations, conduct, appearance and performance of personnel assigned under his/her command
- Management of the evidence room.
The Sergeant performs a variety of law enforcement functions including but not limited to;
- Enforces local, state, federal laws and ordinances for the protection of life, health, safety, welfare and property of the public and community.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service;
- conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations on crimes and traffic collisions;
- arrests violators of law;
- identifies and interviews witnesses, victims and criminals;
- prepares and maintains detailed reports and documentation;
- identifies, collects and secures evidence, and maintains chain of evidence for criminal investigations;
- apprehends, detains and searches suspects, and cites or arrests for civil and criminal law violations; transports and books arrestees;
- assists in surveillance work;
- executes various writs, subpoenas and court orders;
- appears in court to present evidence and/or testify as a witness;
- regular and reliable attendance & maintains patrol vehicle and equipment according to Office standards
The ideal candidate would possess a HS diploma or equivalent; AND Colorado P.O.S.T certification. Three years of experience as a law enforcement officer. The applicant will be required to successfully complete a background check, physical and psychological examination, and drug test prior to hire; must be 21 years of age and a United States citizen; must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license; must be willing to submit to random drug testing; and must have the ability to work various shifts, holidays, and weekends. Applications are available in person or via email.