Washington-Yuma Combined Communications Center in Yuma, CO is accepting applications for the position of Director of Communications.
The Director is responsible for oversight of all daily operations of the emergency communications center. This position is the highest point in the chain of command on all phases of personnel and operations. The position reports directly to the Communications Center Board of Directors.
Successful applicants will possess, among other attributes:
* The ability to direct, instruct, and control employees in all phases of operation
* The ability to assign and coordinate emergency activities for two counties
* Considerable knowledge of proper law enforcement, fire, and EMS procedures and practices
* Knowledge of command responsibilities
* Knowledge of computer systems and their applications to public safety communications
* The ability to make decisions concerning complicated situations or problems
* The ability to oversee and direct subordinate personnel
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, authorized to work legally in the United States, possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent, pass a written/oral exam as required, pass a mandatory background investigation, and possess a minimum of five years’ experience in the field of public safety communications with a strong supervisory background.
A complete list of job duties and job description is available upon request.
Position open through July 26, 2019.